The Minister of Sports and Physical Education, Professor Narcisse MOUELLE KOMBI, President of COCAN, accompanied by the Governor of the Centre Region , Yaounde Site Committee President and all involved partner administrations representatives, visited this day, 23rd July 2020, construction works on the Yaounde Olembe Sports Complex.
The exact situation of works progression rate on the site as of 26th June 2020 to this day is as follow:
1) Main Stadium:
– The athletic track: still to be layed out but already, the machine necessary to perform the work is positioned on the field;
– External finishings of the West zone is complete: with a nice panoramic view made of mud blocks decoration;
– Media press zone already set;
– Presidential tribune still to be finished with the division of zones into VIP and VVIP zone;
Sown two months ago, the lawn is growing well progressively. Treatment of areas sown is monitored by experts recruted to this effect.
2) The Commercial Centre
– Compartment of streets is still ongoing but it is possible as from now, to easily circulate with a vehicule;
– A small lighting system meant for the commercial centre is installed and functional through a generator;
3) The Cinema
– Separations already done for the three Cinema Halls with metalic rails.
4) The food and nutrition zones are also up to date;
5) For the annex stadiums:
– The lawn is gradually becoming green;
– Installation of all cameras and sound system appliances.
6) Finally, the main entrance meant for the public: vomitories totally built;
The metallic fence of the annex B stadium is also almost complete and visible from the main entrance.
The Minister expressed his satisfaction regarding the rate of progress of works on the Olembe Sports Complex which is gradually finishing.
Rendez vous is taken for the next visit with many interesting things to discover.